Being unable to directly delete lists on Trello annoys the neatnik and engineer in me. Yes, you can archive them, but it’s not the same- sometimes you just want things deleted (for example when they’re created by mistake, as opposed to just being not relevant to your board anymore).
Here’s a very easy way to actually delete lists:
- Create a new board and call it “To Delete” (you can call it anything you want really, I just call it that to make it a bit more obvious).
- In the title bar of the list you want to delete, click the ellipsis / … / three dots and select “Move List”
- Move the list to your newly created “To Delete” board.
- Go to the “To Delete” board and select “Show Menu” (if it is not already visible on the right side of the Trello window/screen.
- Select “More” in the board menu.
- Select “Close Board” in the “More” menu then click the “Close” button to confirm.
- You will then be presented with a “To Delete is closed” screen- click the “Permanently Delete Board” option then click the “Delete” button to confirm.
- All done!
Have a number of lists to delete? Move them all to your “To Delete” board first, then delete the board.
One caveat: not sure if this works on the mobile version, but you can always do it in the desktop app or the web version.
Enjoy your newly empty archives 😀
Yay – Thank you so much for this!
Excellent! Thank you so much.
Modern problems require modern solutions, thanks Cap!
Thanks a lot
Thank you very much!
Hahah, this is still awesome in 2019.
Love the hack, thank you for sharing.
Simple but very effective thank you very much !!
Thanks a lot! This really helped ^^
;( *happy tears*
Thank you! I had numerous lists that I finally got rid of!
You’re very welcome – glad it helped!